- Would you like to run your business without the hassle of the work behind the scenes?
- Would you like someone to enter your business transactions on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis?
- Do you need a tax agent who can prepare your company and your personal tax returns?
- Would you like some strategic tax planning advice?
- Do you want to learn how to enter transactions into your accounting software (to keep your costs low)?
Allow us to be your accountant and/or tax agent so you can continue to enjoy the freedom of operating your business with the security that the back office work will be taken care of.
Running your own business can be an exciting experience but the behind the scenes work can be tedious. Let us help you track your inventory or fixed assets, maintain your books and records and prepare your financial reports all the things that are mandatory, but take away your focus from your core revenue generating activities.
As a company, we have decided to train our employees in Intuit’s QuickBooks Online and Xero. Both are online accounting software which can be accessed by you and us at the same time. If you wish, you can enter some transactions and this will save you accounting costs.
We can do as much or as little as you require!
Monthly or quarterly account preparation
Some of our clients ask us to maintain their accounts on a monthly basis. Others only ask for a quarterly update of their accounts, usually for the submission of their GST returns.
Year-end financial reports
You have the choice of maintaining your accounts throughout the year and handing them over to Money Matters For Expats at the end of the financial year to produce the year-end reports. The financial reports are necessary for computation and filing of annual tax returns with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS). For incorporated companies, these financial reports are also required for Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) compliance filings.
Should your company’s accounts need to be audited, we have good working relationships with a range of local and international audit firms and will work to ensure that the audit is completed most efficiently. Money Matters For Expats will work closely with the auditor to provide the required schedules, supporting documents and answer to their queries, with minimum disruption to your work.
Strategic tax planning/Personal tax/Corporate tax
Many of our tax clients are individuals who have benefited from our knowledge of the Singapore tax system. We can discuss the most tax effective options available to you and your business.
For individual tax the services we offer are:
- preparation & filing of NOR claims if you spend more than 90 days outside Singapore
- computing the rental income and expenses, if you own a property in Singapore and are renting it out
- preparation and filing of your tax clearance, when you leave Singapore
For corporate tax the services we offer are:
- preparation & filing of the estimated chargeable income, if necessary
- preparation & filing of the final tax return.
We also handle:
- the calculation & filing of withholding tax, as required
- the preparation & filing of Certificates of Domicile/Residence
Singapore government has introduced a scheme called Productivity and Innovation Credit (PIC). We can advise you on how this best benefits your business (claim cash payout or tax credits) and help with the submission of your claims.
All returns are lodged with IRAS on your behalf and we follow up until the Notice of Assessment has been issued.